Sunday, March 24, 2013

Doing things differently

And the truth is, I should have probably done a lot of things different today.
And accomplished more than I did.
But at the end of the day, what's done is done.
The long list of "I should haves" will mainly be inconsequential tomorrow.

Although, tonight impacts tomorrow.  As the later I go to bed the less sleep I risk getting.
Tomorrow is a new chance to live life a little more like I want to.
To play a game with the sweetest, brightest child I know.
To go for a walk, breathe in some fresh air.
Make muffins from scratch.

It's surprising sometimes, how much I reduce my days into uncompleted housekeeping tasks. 
I know there's more to life.
I know that my reality as a stay at home mother is hard work, even if many women do it all.

I sometimes wonder whether I'm just lazy.  Whether a more organized, responsible mother could get all I get done in half the time with self-assuredness to spare.  Other times I'm baffled by the fact that I can think of myself as lazy given that at the very least I try.

I suppose life is all about perspective.  I had a hard time writing this post, until I gave myself permission to not have done everything I wanted to today, including going to bed much earlier.  Not that I don't think its a good plan to get as much rest as possible, but the truth is, things will most likely be ok tomorrow, even if today ends on a different note than planned.

No comments: