Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Early Morning

Early morning is so beautiful to me.
It seems somehow more virtuous than late morning.
The hard working people moving about,
many without the convenience of expensive coffee,
or even cars for that matter.

Nursing has reintroduced me to an old love,
the kind I can thankfully revisit time and again,
one that I hope never loses its silent, 
strong, wonder.

I find myself swimming in romanticism these days,
and I have to be honest and say I like it.

Early morning and all that you bring,
I admire you.

1 comment:

Lill said...

I really like this. I feel the same way. There's a certain energy I get from the hush of the early morning. It's a great time to daydream or set goals for the day(s) ahead. After 7:30 or so, though, when it feels like the rest of the world is up, I can feel myself come back to reality. That's when I start to feel less inspired and-well- sleepy. Lol.